Tuesday 26 November 2019

Flying Grey Squirrel



While photographing the Tehidy Jay yesterday I watched a couple of Grey Squirrel using a well placed fallen tree trunk to cross a metre wide stream to gain access to forage for a few peanuts.

Once they found a few they constantly rushed back over the trunk to their side of the stream to bury them in their own patch.

Before I left I went and sat on the trunk mid-stream to see what the Squirrel's reaction would be and  both of them continued to collect nuts and return by impressive long jumps across the stream about six metres upstream from where I was sitting on the trunk.  

I was impressed with their long jumping skills so went back again this morning with a smaller and more versatile 18-200mm lens to capture the images posted in this blog.







The next consecutive sequence of three jumping Squirrel images below shows the content used to produce the forth Montage image of the complete long jump and I was pleased with this result









                                           

Eating peanuts and long jumping are both thirsty work but the Squirrels don't have to go far to find a drink !





No comments:

Post a Comment