Sunday 5 January 2020

Snipe preparing for Take-off




I had been photographing the above Snipe successfully predating on earth worms for over an hour when it decided to take a nap as shown in my previous blog and this is the moment thirty minutes later when it re awoke seemingly startled at my close and static presence and I expected it to fly immediately.

The Snipe held its ground watching me for a while before relaxing and going into a preening procedure which gradually became more elaborate and was followed by a lovely complete body shake-out.   The finale to this fine display was a skilful one legged full wing stretch.



















                                        

 In the last image at the end of the stretch the bird went into a crouched sprung loaded take-off and was away to conclude what had been a magical encounter with lots of Snipe behaviour  recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment