Friday 16 February 2018

The Rock Hopper & the Glider


THE ROCK HOPPER 

This Grey Heron surprised me when it landed on the unlikely edge of a razor sharp rock on the clifftop about a hundred metres in front of me as I walked the coast path,

It watched me as I slowly moved forward until I was to close for its comfort zone when it turned and made a very graceful hop onto the next sharp rock along the cliff,

Very nicely done for such a lanky bird but only a metre gained in distance between us,  As I walked on towards the heron, it finally got the message and dropped off of the second rock to fly down the cliff face to the waterline below leaving me with an interesting set of images.






THE GLIDER

Further on along the coastline this fine buzzard passed over me twice in the space of a few minutes,  It maintained a height or around  thirty metres above the clifftop footpath and it never made a single wing beat during either pass or onwards as it continued until out of sight along the coastline,  What a way to travel !!









No comments:

Post a Comment