Saturday 1 December 2018

Yesterday's mixed bag




My day started well with a nice fly-by from a female Sparrowhawk in the morning sunlight.



A cheeky little Stonechat ,  A meadow pipit and a hunting kestrel kept me company while waiting for Short-eared Owls





The first Shortie that I saw landed in the rough grass quite close to me.  It had seen me before landing and kept an eye on me while completing a full body preen and when it eventually left it flew straight down my lens checking me out in a very casual manner.





Come the evening I had a couple of first year Marine & Wildlife students arrive at my home for a night shoot on Fox and Badger in a set that I have constructed in my back garden.   

On their arrival we discussed their requirements.  I explained the likely procedure of the encounter before us and we came up with a remote shutter controlled photographic coarse of action to achieve their goal.

Ewan and Conner proved to be very well mannered intelligent and inquisitive guys that were very dedicated to their course project and I had a very pleasant evening discussing various aspects of wildlife photography with them as we waited for our subjects to arrive on set.

We spent around four hours on this project and the guys went away with both the fox and the Badger in the can,    I have posted my take on their results below :









It was good for me to meet and work with these fine like-minded young guys and I am pleased to show this brief portfolio of what they achieved and I wish them well with their three year degree at Falmouth.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan, it's Connor !
    We both really appreciated the opportunity you gave us and have got some of the shots we hoped to achieve ! Thank you for the help. Great blog as always.
    Thank you Connor.

    ReplyDelete