Monday 21 January 2019

Blood Super Moon over Cornwall


I took a time exposure of my neighbours house which was back lit by light pollution created by Penzance five miles to the west. I used a 18-200mm lens with a view to adding a sequence of the effects on the moon as it was eclipsed by the earths shadow as it orbited the house.

I replaced the 18-200mm lens for my Nikon 500mm F4 and added a 1.7 teleconverter to achieve a maximum focal length of 850mm.   I took a time exposures of the moon every fifteen minutes between 4.45 and 6.30 am as the moon dropped towards the the west.   I then merged five of the seven images into the original wider image in post production.

I also produced the alternative montage image posted below using just one eclipsed super moon and displayed it on a larger scale to increase its impact using the same original image.



I have also added an image of the Super Moon taken prior to the start of the Blood Moon eclipse to show the distinct changes of colour that occurred during this event.



Due to forthcoming surgery which will require a long term recovery period within the oncoming months I elected to spend the whole of January revamping our home inside and out and this is in fact my first blog of 2019 but I will be back in action in February with more images of the local wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment