Tuesday 29 January 2019

Woodpecker Portraits


I returned to  Stithians southern cut-off hide bird feeding station where a local pair of Great Spotted Woodpecker had been showing well.

I was looking for front facing close-up portraits to add to this years portfolio so I trained my lens onto tree branches that surrounded a seed feeder which appeared to be favoured by the female.

Each time she eventually came back to the feeder location she hesitated knowing that I was close by and this gave me the opportunity to snap off several shots with good eye contact before she moved onto the feeder,













Feeder images of birds such as the image below do not fit well into wildlife portfolio but capturing the opportune moments that are presented around them certainly can be well worth the effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment