Thursday 1 November 2018

The 'EYES' have It !


Owls appeal to most people especially photographers,  They are big, photogenic and graceful birds that treat us to occasional low flying hunting trips over rough grass fields and meadows in the evening sunlight.

But when the chips are down its the eyes set in their highlighted acoustic dish shaped face that really draw on our attention to make them pop out of any image to hold your attention for a spell.

The sequence of Short-eared Owls images below were all taken of the same bird during a close pass on a very dull evening last night, I noted that images taken before the bird saw me tucked down in a hedgerow were technically OK but lacking in real appeal. [  See the first small image below ]


As the bird turned towards me its eyes widened as it saw me and I was treated to one of those amazing glares that only an Owl can give you as it continued to move head-on in my direction,   Wonderful !!    I fired off around twenty shots in a couple of seconds and the results of some of  my Owl glares are posted below.















No comments:

Post a Comment