Thursday 5 September 2019

Osprey Fish miss


I have been grounded for the last week due to an operation to restructure the toes and bones of my left foot which is a bit frustrating,  It is healing well enough for me to out and about some time next week but in the mean time I have been culling and filing my recent work and found a few more Osprey shots that I thought were worth posting.


A mature Osprey flies across open water looking for trout in the shallower waters.


It ignores another Osprey perched in a high tree and carries on hunting for fish


As seen here Osprey often stall their flight and briefly hover to watch their prey



This attempt to take a fish without landing failed but leaves the bird with dry flight feather to enable it to circle around while gaining height to make a second dive.




These Trout take a bit of catching and the Ospreys second dive also failed and the bird gained height once more and moved off back in the direction it had come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment