Monday 30 September 2019

Restronguet Creek early AM




I returned to Restonguet Creek on the high tide early AM today looking for fishing Osprey.  It was  looking good with no wind and calm waters.


My first subject in very dark conditions was a small flock of gulls flying up river.  The best shutter speed that I could get on these fast moving gulls was 1/6th of a second on a 500mm lens at F4 but I quite liked the surreal exposure achieved.



The light levels were beginning to rise as a small group of Five Oystercatcher passed by and had  much improved with the in-flight arrival of a pair of Mute Swan.


 A little later in the morning it was still overcast with rising wind and darkening cloud conditions to the extent that I was contemplating leaving when a hovering Osprey suddenly appeared flying over the water close to the treeline of the south side of the creek






I missed the Osprey catching a mullet which happened very quickly while I was hurriedly adding my Nikon 1.7 converter to my lens for a better reach over the distance but I did capture the bird in the air with its struggling mullet just as couple of guys in a fast moving Rib flashed by sending the Osprey up over the high treeline and away from the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment