Saturday 19 August 2017

Bank Vole behaviour

Early AM at Ryan's field I watched as a Bank Vole sauntered four to five feet from the hedgerow vegetation down the beach to the current tidal waterline, following a bit of limbering-up it purposefully dived into the water, swam out too and twice around a projecting kingfisher perch then it swam back to the shoreline, where still half in the water it conducted a bit of a wash and brush up before sauntering back up the beach to disappear into the vegetation again,  I found myself ( Not for the first time with wildlife) saying to the photographer next to me ' Well I've never seen that happen before'
Could it be a vole on holiday or perhaps just copying the crowds of tourists that are in our midst at the moment






1 comment:

  1. Really great post! Take a look at our photography blog for more related information!

    ReplyDelete