Friday 1 June 2018

Daytime Fox Encounters




Back on the 19th of May my blog related to seeing a daytime fox encounter with a raven,  Well today I meet this fox in the same area again but this time the fox was watching me watching one of her young cubs,
This cub had wandered out into the lane attracted by an insect in the short grass and was oblivious of me watching its behaviour.

Working quite close my cover was given away by the sound of my shutter activations but the look of surprise on the cubs face made it all worth it.

The surprised look became one of concern in the image above and was quickly followed by one of worry in the image posted below.


This was followed by a careful slow exit from the lane back into the relative safety of the adjoining hedgerow.

The vixen had been watching this situation from the hedgerow now broke her cover and made sure that she had my attention before setting off along the lane alone.

This clever fox was setting a distraction to lead me away from her cub who she would return to collect from the hedgerow when I was gone.

I took the hint and retraced my steps in the opposite direction leaving them in peace to follow their own adventures !!

No comments:

Post a Comment