Wednesday 27 February 2019

Putting the Glossy back into the Ibis




I picked up on the recent sightings of a Glossy Ibis that has been feeding regularly during early mornings at Marazion Marsh.

I arrived half and hour before sun up and the bird was already feeding along the water margins which was great but a Glossy Ibis is a drab shadow without the benefit of good light levels.




As the light levels improved with the sun rising over the hills of Marazion the fine colours and Iridescence started to show the Ibis in all its glory.

I snapped away on this bird for over an hour picking the moments when the colours showed at their best and most shots had the benefit of in-water reflections.




















By the time I took this final image things were looking good but I was already running late for an appointment and just had to cut loose and go

No comments:

Post a Comment