Thursday 1 August 2019

Dawn visit to Stithians Reservoir



It was a cracking dawn at Stithians northern cut-off with clear skies and no wind which created a very peaceful view over the Reservoir.


I headed on up to the top of Carnmenellis high ground looking for a good view of a misty sunrise over the reservoir and the recently sighted Red Deer


The sunrise was a joy to watch but the Red Deer managed to avoid me once again but when heading back down to the southern hide I met known sharp eyed local birder and photographer John St Ledger who pointed out a fine distant pair of Roe Deer feeding in a field near rough high ground away to the east.

I headed off in their direction trying to reduce the camera to subject distance but the final couple of  fields in front of them were private so I did my best while using my 1.7 Tele-converter.

The deer worked their way south across the open field for twenty minutes then did an about turn and finally the show ended as they exited the field at the same point that they had entered.








I headed off home for a late mid morning breakfast and thanks to John St Ledger for pointing out the Roe Deer which are one of my favourite wildlife subjects

No comments:

Post a Comment