Tuesday 27 August 2019

Little Common Lizard.


I went to Windmill farm reserve on the Lizard peninsula today hoping for a show from a reported Hobby feeding on Dragonflies but it was not to be so being on the Lizard I turned my attention towards them,

Things were a bit slow to start with and then I saw three on one of the board walks,  None were longer than a couple of inches and all could fit comfortable inside one of the Hexagon shaped holes in the chicken wire covering over the walkway.

I added a 1.7 converter to my Nikon 500mm lens and used a Nikon D500 cropped sensor body to produce a 1275mm reach and snapped away in the limited time that any one of them showed above the boardwalk while I was struggling at a 3.5 m distance to produce the images posted below.





I included the above image of one of the Lizard's with a fly alongside it to add to the size and scale.






The Common Lizard's blended in well with the boardwalk decking and if undisturbed they would wait motionless for flies and insects to come within their reach at which time they moved in with incredible fast reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment