Wednesday 11 December 2019

Dodging the Hail storms



I spent a couple of hours on the West Cornwall high grounds early PM today.   The strong wind was creating an icy blow which was also turning frequent storms into hard hitting Hail so not a day for hanging around in exposed locations the likes of the above image for too long.

I had seen a Short Eared Owl go to ground on a high grass slope. It was actively looking around for signs of prey so I patiently waited with my back turned to a couple of icy storms and it finally took to the air rewarding me with the sequence of images posted below before returning once again to the same bank.
















As I hurriedly worked my way off of the heath trying to avoid yet another hail storm I was also treated to a few images of a fast moving low flying juvenile Peregrine which is somewhat uncommon for this location



No comments:

Post a Comment