Friday 29 September 2017

Alls well that ends well

I arrived at the Longrock Deer fields a little early so I decided to have a nice cup of tea before starting,  I had left my flask at home,   So I decided to assemble my kit prior to moving in to position,  My 500mm lens tripod mount  had stripped its mounting  plate screws,   I crossed the road thinking that I could manage hand holding just in time to watch four doe Roe Deer rear ends disappearing into a misty hollow never to be seen again,  I decided to wait and see if the mist cleared when out of the gloom came a fine young Roe Deer buck that also seemed to be looking for the doe,



The buck walked on towards me and as the mist rolled away and light levels began to improve it started to feed from the lush meadow grasses  but not without my shutter noise catching his attention


I took a few more single shots anyway thinking that he would not be around for long


As the buck turned away from me I could see by his rear posture that his testosterone levels were running high which was a good sign as mating shots were just what I am looking for at the moment

So watch this space through the next couple of weeks for possible Roe Deer mating images subject to me successfully repairing my lens mounting bracket  Hand holding a 500mm prime lens is just not for me !!

No comments:

Post a Comment