Saturday 23 September 2017

Working the browse line

At sunrise I came across a pair of doe Roe Deer working the browse line in the fields at Longrock,  Light levels were quite good and the wind was in my favour so I settled behind the hedgerow out of sight of the deer


They worked their way along the opposite hedgerow as I carefully exposed single images of their progress to keep shutter noise to a minimum

Eventually one of the deer moved out into the field getting closer to me and a few minutes later it was joined by the second doe


As they moved closer the inevitable happened,  I usually try to time my shutter firing as road traffic passes which the deer ignore and this drowns out the shutter noise but being an early weekend morning I did not often have that opportunity and the deer both picked up on the sound of my single shutter firing
And that was the end of my shoot, They were off and You don't very often get a second chance with Roe Deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment