Tuesday 12 September 2017

My Catch of the Day

An Osprey moves out from the cover of the densely tree lined banks on the south side of the river at Devoran Quay where following a long cold windswept wait for its arrival it rewarded me with my first Osprey hunting photos,  It circled over the water several times searching for fish which when sighted were attacked immediately,  I was ready for this but was totally amazed how hard the bird hit the water penetrating its head, body and feet a foot or so under the water leaving only its wings above in a huge splash zone which created a bizarre image that fits nicely into the sequence of images posted below,  It took the Osprey three attempts before it caught a Mullet and its struggle to exit the drag of the water was something to behold,  It then flew casually back into the tree canopy to devour its 'Catch Of The Day' at a leisurely pace and I headed for home to download my first ever fishing Osprey images,











An amazing encounter with such a powerful Bird of Prey.... Happy Days !!!









No comments:

Post a Comment