Tuesday 26 September 2017

Mount in the mist

I arrived at the deer fields of Longrock a little to early at 5.45,  It was not even dawn let alone sunrise but I could just make out the shape of a Roe deer within fifteen metres of my usual hedgerow shooting point so I decided to give it a go,  I selected manual focus { auto focus would not fix it } Set my aperture to f5.6,  Shutter speed to 1/13th and Auto ISO to a max of ISO6400 before moving into place,  I took my first shot as it was feeding,  The second shot below shows it raising it head to the sound of the first image and the third was a complete blur as it took off for cover, but I was pleased with the performance of my Nikon D4S in low light levels where I could only just make out the dark outline of the subject,


At sunrise I moved onto the sea front along the side of Marazion marsh where the early morning mist looked magical as it swirled around St Michael's Mount



On the marsh the young swan was vigorously testing it s wings

The Young Grey Heron was not to impressed and just yawned!

And the Rabbits were still having a head to head about starting a new litter so   Nothing new there then !

No comments:

Post a Comment