Monday 25 September 2017

Ruan Lanihorne

I went to pastures new early AM today looking for the Purple Heron which has been regularly reported on the CBSPS sightings page over the last week or so,  On arrival I went straight into a first for this year with a juvenile male Fallow Deer feeding along the river banks, excellent!  It took me a while to spot the Purple Heron which never came clear of the long grasses and reeds so it became a game of hide and seek for a couple of hours but I did eventually get some reasonably clear shots and finished up with a couple of shots of  the Heron predating on a probable Palmate Newt,  Canada Geese flew over in abundance including one totally white individual which I was surprised to see and to slow to get my lens on to it,  I finished my morning off with a few shots of a Kingfisher before it finally flew off up the river to complete what had been a very interesting morning at a very pleasant estuary setting,










No comments:

Post a Comment