Sunday 8 October 2017

Devoran at Dawn

I arrived at Devoran Quay before dawn this morning looking to catch the early tide and perhaps an Osprey fishing the calm waters,  With no wind or ripples on the water the light, colours and reflections were quite spectacular for scenic photography,  I had no wide angle lens with me so it was out with the mobile phone to do what I could,  I even had a go at a selfie !




As the light levels improved the local wading birds caught my attention as they moved to fresh feeding grounds,  The Curlew and Red shanks looked lovely on the wing with the woodlands creating a contrasting green background and reflections on the still water


It had been a perfect morning for an Osprey to fish on the full tidal flat calm waters with fish movements very easy to detect and no early boat traffic at all but on this occasion there was no Osprey either,  As I left a couple of hours later the light levels were up and the tide was well on the ebb with small boats, kayaks and even a standing board surfer taking to the water,  Time to be heading for home.


No comments:

Post a Comment