Wednesday 18 October 2017

Marazion Marsh today

I made an early visit to longrock again this morning looking for mating Roe deer images but oh dear, no Deer,  I decided to walk the short distance on to Marazion Marsh and as I progressed along Newtown lane I was passed by around ten thousand noisy starlings exiting the marsh roost and no more than a minute later they passed by again flying in the opposite direction to disappear over the hills of Marazion.


I visited Millpool looking for kingfishers but no joy here either but I did disturb a cock Ringneck Pheasant that had a right good shout about it all as he backed away,

I went home for an early lunch and to recharge camera batteries and my tea flask, checked out the weather and wind direction and decided to return to Marazion marsh for the afternoon to try my luck looking for a so far this winter non existent bittern.  It remained so but winter visitors included Garganey and gadwall and I was a little surprised to see a pair of resident mallards mate on several occasions, I'm not sure if they were mating very late or very early but the male mallard seemed to be quite happy with the situation anyway





No comments:

Post a Comment