Tuesday 10 October 2017

Pair of Peregrine

I decided to try my luck with peregrine again this afternoon but this time I walked the coast path from Rinsey towards Porthleven looking for a known pair of birds,  I found them together perched closer to the footpath than usual, This could be a bonus on one hand but they would be easily spooked on the other,  I moved off the footpath making slow progress through gorse, bracken and brambles as I headed for a granite outcrop that would provide me with some cover,  On arrival I had been 50% lucky,  The male had departed but the female was still there doing some serious head bobbing as I focused my 500mm lens just above the granite, I keep still and she gradually settled down to some preening and a full body shake out and as she did so the male Peregrine flew back in to provide me with a couple of 'pair' portraits before I backed off,  As I walked back towards Rinsey I heard the unmistakable sound of Chough calling as seven of them passed over heading for the local cow fields,






No comments:

Post a Comment