Thursday 2 November 2017

Bird Portraits and Reflections

The air was still over Ryan;s Field hide this morning making every bird movement and water reflection a joy to work with,  First off I worked on a feisty little Jenny Wren that seemed quite accepting of the camera so after taking a few shots I pushed my luck and moved in for some close portraits at minimum focal distance for my 500mm lens which the wren accepted long enough for me to catch the images below.





I then turned my attention to a black headed Gull sporting its winter colours,  This immaculate bird was busy fishing for small shrimps in the salt water lagoon where the still water provided some perfect reflections and water movement created by the birds fishing added a little  more interest.






No comments:

Post a Comment