Wednesday 1 November 2017

Greenland White -fronted goose

Today I saw and photographed my first Greenland White -fronted Goose at Marazion marsh,  It was a single bird that stood out from other birds due to a some what over sized collar that had a large white tracking device fitted on it,  The ID number of the collar was V3Y,  I took around a dozen images of the bird before it swam off into the cover of the marsh reed beds as a flock of Little Egrets arrived  I found an organisation in Denmark that appear to be organising a study and I have contacted them this evening with regards to this sighting.  All that I now know is that  this sub species of White -fronted Geese breed in Greenland and over winter in the UK and Ireland and I hope to learn a little more about this particular bird over the next couple of days.




1 comment: