Thursday 16 November 2017

Stithians southern cut off today

It was a fine morning here in Cornwall and My day started early with a dozen or so Roe Deer images taken before sunrise using the Nikon D5's Auto ISO set to a maximum of 51,000, The light levels were as such that  I could not see these deer without looking through the viewfinder but the cameras AF system focused and tracked them and exposed the image at maximum aperture of F4 and 1/200th of a second,  It sees things a lot better than I can!!


I went home for breakfast and then straight on to Stithians southern cut-off where I played around with various new AF settings and a 1.7 converter that extended the focal length of my lens to 850mm I worked on many of the local birds that are regularly attracted to the feeders and the images below represent a fair portion of them,  No exotic Sparrowhawks or Otters today But with a good forecast I will be back to try my luck again tomorrow,  Its a tough life But some ones got to do it.!!








No comments:

Post a Comment