Monday 22 January 2018

Todays bird Portraits

My day started with me heading for the south coast without a camera over my shoulder which feels really weird !!  I was off to Trewavas head to check out one of my Adder hot spots and to make a couple of clearings in brambles and hedgerows to attract any early risers into a safe basking area without to much old bramble and vegetation to foil good photos when they show,  It might seem early for Adders to come out of hibernation but last year I had my first show on the 15th February  [ Posted below ] and the year before was even earlier on the 23rd of January so I have high hopes of a positive sighting before to long,  We just need a couple of frosty nights to chill them down a little followed by warm early morning sunshine to tempt them out,  So watch this space for early Adders !!


I spent the afternoon in the hide at Stithians southern cut-off and came away with a few more portraits of some of the resident birds as posted below,  First up was the resident Male Great Spotted Woodpecker which looked very striking in the dappled sunlight in the woods behind the feeders,



My second show was from an immaculate looking Wood Pigeon in the same location,





A  family of four Moorhen came in from the Cut-off waters to forage under the feeders


And a busy little Wren went out on to the water hunting for fresh water shrimps and insects among semi submerged patches of vegetation


No comments:

Post a Comment