Wednesday 31 January 2018

Dipper takes a Break !!

I made a PM visit to Kennell Vale today,  I had spent the morning on equipment repairs but the midday sunny spells got the better of me so I was out to try my luck with the Dipper again,

When I arrived the Dipper was also out working its way through the waterfalls and white water shallows.  I settled down about ten metres back from the opposite bank keeping my tripod and camera low to the ground,

I clicked away for five minutes or so when things got even more interesting when the Dipper came off the water to perch on a granite boulder on the bank that I was working from,  It was now at the closest distance that I had ever worked on it.

It relaxed on this boulder for fifteen minutes preening, scratching and stretching,  A real joy to watch and I was surprised just how small it wings were but I guess that like diving seabirds they use these short wings to 'fly' under water.

Break over and the Dipper was back on the waterline on the case as it searched for insects and larvae
and I had been treated to some good behaviour images which I headed off home to process.









No comments:

Post a Comment