Saturday 14 April 2018

Buck Roe Deer




I came across the same Buck Roe Deer this morning that I saw a few mornings ago when he was chasing around after a couple of females in Longrock woods,

Weather conditions were overcast and quite dark and the buck still held ninety percent of his grey winter coat which blended him into the hedgerow colouration but didn't help me very much when trying to find good contrast to compensate for the low light,

In the image directly below he had pick up on the scent and moved off again constantly tasting the air as he tried to find the females,

He checked out all of the long grass areas where the females retreat too lay down but no joy so on he went again.

He eventually stopped to recharge his batteries with a little foraging along a hedgerow browse line and it was at this point that I left the Buck as I was now already running late for a prearranged pick -up







No comments:

Post a Comment