Saturday 14 April 2018

Peregrine Performance




It was a lovely sunny day on the north coast of Cornwall with a favourable off-shore light breeze.  I worked my way along the coast picking off a few Peregrine shots at various known locations that have worked for me in the past.

As the morning passed the bright conditions afforded me several nice Peregrine portraits with good lighting angles and I was a happy bunny.






But I missed out on what might have been a classic mating shot of the day when :

A female that had flown in close and was facing towards me suddenly turned away to accommodate the line of flight from an unseen incoming male Peregrine that landed deftly on her back and the pair mated immediately facing away from my camera.


When I look at this last image above it makes me smile when I think and know what this picture might have been had the female maintained her original position,  The image taken was   'So near yet so far from being a cracking image'  but that's the way it goes when you are working with so many of our amazing but often unpredictable wildlife subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment