Tuesday 17 April 2018

"Tongue in Beak " Heron Portraits




It was a wet and windy day here in Cornwall,  I spent the morning catching up with a few jobs around the house but come 2 pm  I was climbing the walls to get out,  I decided to pop over to the hide at Ryan's field to try my luck.

On my arrival I found it was standing room only as a lively bunch of photographers from Truro camera club had called in to escape the rain,

As they left a fine Grey Heron flew in closer to land at the waters edge near the hide




The bird entered the water and started to forage around a closer small island so I moved my tripod further back away from the large hide windows so as not to disturb it


At this point the heron changed its mind and flew even closer into the area directly in front of the hide and it was now full frame in my viewfinder.





On landing the heron once again started foraging along the waterline stopping just once to reset its tongue in its beak and I was delighted to capture three shots of this behaviour,


The fishing brought the heron no reward in front of the hide and it opted to leave for greener pastures leaving me with a nice Take-off image to finish the shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment