Thursday 1 February 2018

Trewavas head today

It was a cold bright day with a stiff offshore wind when I walked to Trewavas Head at lunchtime,  I was there to check up on possible early annual Adder sightings following a cold night but it was not to be,  I walk on to a favoured perch point for a pair of Peregrine but no show from them either.

A pair of noisy Raven landed while I was there and I think they were the same birds that disturbed the Peregrine last year when they  [the Raven] tried and failed to reconstruct an old raven nest on the cliffs here last year,


One of a pair of local Kestrel  [the Male] also arrived on the same cliff ledge briefly and treated me to a predictable take-off on leaving to create the merged image below,


A pair of chough were feeding amid the cliff vegetation below me for around thirty minutes or so and I can confirm from their leg ring formation that they are the same two birds that successfully raised fledglings in this area last year so it was good to see them feeding and looking very healthy,



At their nest site below a pair of Fulmar were still having trouble with another bird trying to muscle in on the action again the same as reported several days ago,  He does not seem to realise that
                                                           Three are a crowd !!


No comments:

Post a Comment