Wednesday 21 February 2018

Bittern at Marazion marsh

It was a clear but cold morning at sunrise but there are few places that I would rather be as the early rays of sunlight hit the marsh reedbeds,,  I was here again today hoping for a glimpse of this years very illusive Bittern of which my sightings count was currently zero.



I was at the viewing recess halfway along the Marazion/Longroch causeway talking to Dave Walsh about Dipper at Kennell Vale  and I believe our conversation disturbed nothing less than a Bittern in the closest section of reed beds,  It was off in a flash flying straight away from us and on up through the central north facing channel. perhaps lucky for me at the end it turned east facing into the sunlight making its way towards Marazion over the top of the reed beds.







We were both delighted with the sighting and extended flight that it made while I managed around twenty focused but distant shots before in dropped back into the reed bed and out of sight once more,

Perhaps not the best sighting ever but:  There is no such thing as a bad one !!

No comments:

Post a Comment