Friday 9 February 2018

Peregrine in flight

I left home well before sunrise this morning to capture images of Peregrine leaving their roost for early morning hunting for prey, I was lucky enough to see two birds leaving and one return with prey which it hungrily devoured with plucked feathers going in all directions from its high cliff ledge,

The second bird returned quite a bit later looking well fed and relaxed enough to settle on the cliffs for some serious preening which suggested that it too had been successful and dispatched its prey before returning,

I was pleased with my flight images even though I had been hoping that I might see some aerial courtship or prey hand-over displays but now that both birds were full I was unlikely to see much more action for a while so I decided to leave that for another day while I retreated home to appreciate what I had taken.











No comments:

Post a Comment