Monday 19 February 2018

Buzzard behaviour



The close Buzzard portrait above was taken during a two hour encounter with what looked like a fairly young bird that had picked up on the amount of frogs and toads that were crawling and swimming around at Marazion marsh looking for mates this morning,

The bird stayed low to the ground using various fence posts and RSPB marker posts as vantage points which allowed me plenty of opportunities for close working low level portraits


I watched the bird take and dispatch several frogs as it made short ground level attacks from the posts


This was my closest shot taken at my minimum eight metre to infinity focal range setting while the bird was preoccupied hunting in the reeds

This behaviour went on for nearly two hours by which time the buzzard was beginning to look quite bloated

Just one more frog to dispatch and the buzzard had eaten its fill and it departed to the high pine tree woods at the back of the marsh leaving me with the best buzzard behaviour sequences that I had taken  in a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment