Monday 21 May 2018

Birds, Bees, Butterflies and a bit of bad news





The heath land Cuckoo are covering a larger territory than before but time put into waiting at favoured locations is still coming up with good results.

Walking back from the downs I came across the fence post shown below which was alive and humming with a swarm of passive Honey Bees.  I guess there was a Queen Bee in there some where but I could not find it.

I was pleased with the focus and composition in the mating shot of a pair of Green-veined White butterfly that was taken in a field of mixed Pea and Barley shoots,  It was taken hand held from 3.5 metres on a 500mm Nikon F4 lens with a 1.7 teleconverter fitted.

Far from pleasing was the sight of yet another Longrock Doe Roe Deer which was the victim of road kill near the by-pass roundabout,   I moved the broken necked deer off of the road into a long grass verge leaving nature to do the rest.











No comments:

Post a Comment