Wednesday 17 April 2019

Pm walk along the North Coast




There was good levels of sunshine in a cold easterly wind Pm yesterday as I worked my way along the north Cornish coast paths ducking into known sheltered viewing areas to escape the wind while watching for local wildlife.

First up were a pair of fine looking mating Black-back Gulls posted above but they seemed to be missing the point !

A little later I sighted a male Kestrel shown below that was busy hunting and I recognised its twisted tail feathers as one of a productive mating pair that Peter Tonkin and I worked with last summer.

When the kestrel departed he provided me with a  trio of head on take-off images which I later merged into a montage in post production.

And last but not least I spotted a pair of Peregrine prey sharing and caught the moment that the smaller male bird departed leaving the very vocal female with the kill.








No comments:

Post a Comment