Wednesday 3 April 2019

Roe Deer Retreat,



It was icy cold and wet when I ventured out looking for Roe Deer this morning,  I think someone turned the season back along with the clock !!   I could not find any deer out and about on the moor but eventually caught up with them sheltering in a favoured coppice retreat.

I never enter this area but circle around it under cover looking to pick off sightings amid the trees from a distance as I go.  This retreat tends to be under heavy shadow but relaxed shots through the branches are better than going on in only to gain tail shots of the deer bolting,  loosing their cover and more importantly their safe retreat.

A little sunshine filtered through the trees helping to provide some contrast to take the posted images after which I headed on back to a more welcoming warm study to produce this blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment