Thursday 8 June 2017

Stithians Reservoir southern cut-off

I called into Stithians yesterday morning looking for the Great white Egret sighted the previous day but no joy,  I spent some time watching a fine looking mature Grey Heron catch three Robin Red Breast in as many minutes before it moved on,



By contrast the next bird on the scene was a rather skinny looking juvenile Grey Heron that was on a steep learning curve,  I watched its attempts at fishing for thirty minutes and it never caught more than a face full of pond weeds, Its skills will need to improve quickly!


I turned my attention to a few birds visiting the out of action feeding station where they moved in close at three to four metres looking for hand-outs creating the opportunity for a couple of portrait images shown below



No comments:

Post a Comment