Tuesday 2 October 2018

Badger close-up Portraits



We had a pair of visiting Badgers in our garden again last night and this time I set my camera up on remote firing again using a preset focal length of 35mm and manual focus of around 1.5m  and an aperture of F9 on a zoom lens to capture some reasonably close portraits.

I also used a digital TTL flashgun for exposure which I was pleased to find that the Badgers ignored to the extent that they were still foraging around the garden long after I had finished my shoot.

The camera was set in manual mode and I used the maximum flash compatible shutter speed of 1/250 sec to freeze the badger reasonable slow movements,

The camera/tripod assembly/ remote receiver were set up in a middle of a planted patio garden feature at around 1.5 metres from the proposed badger shooting area.

All that remained for me to do now was to sit comfortably in my lounge to watch and wait for some action as darkness fell then fire away remotely through my patio door double glazing without disturbing the Badgers.   I could get used to this !!



-







I am currently hatching a plan for a little more action and perhaps some interaction between the two Badgers this evening so :  Watch this space again tomorrow !!

No comments:

Post a Comment