Monday 22 October 2018

Barn Owls at Dawn and Dusk




I spent some time out on the higher heath-land looking for Short-eared Owls a couple of days ago,  No show but I was treated to some sunrise close hunting shots by an obliging pair of Barn Owls that melted away into the heath as the light levels came up with the sun along with a few aggressive crows.



I returned to the same location during the early evening looking to catch the same owls in better light than they were showing in during the early morning.

Barn Owls tend to hold off with their hunting until the light levels are really low and you are about to pack away your kit and true to form these Owls showed up as I started walking back to my car.

With a clear sky and the last burst of the sun before it set out over the sea I was able to record a good few semi-silhouette and some front lite images by using high ISO and low shutter speed combinations on the two birds.

Lots were destined for the recycle bin but some acceptable shots below show a cross section of what I did manage to achieve before the sun finally dropped over a distant Horizon.












No comments:

Post a Comment