Friday 12 October 2018

Buzzard taking a Frog: Part 2




I had been keeping an eye on this Buzzard after it had taken a Vole in Part 1 of this blog and I could see that it had quickly devoured it and was now on the lookout for its main course so should I move in closer to improve on working distance or wait to see if it flew back in my direction again.


I decided to move in reducing the working distance to around forty metres without disturbing the Buzzard and within a few minutes I was in luck as the bird took off and dived into a bramble bush just in front of it head on to capture a Frog.






This time it came out with its kill in its beak knowing that frogs are a soft target without any claws or teeth that can be a threat to their eyes !




The buzzard moved out from the brambles into open grassland and very quickly tore the frog limb from limb before consuming it right in front of me.






Main course completed the Buzzard declined desert and flew off to the back of the marsh to digest its meal in quieter surroundings !!

Check out Buzzard portraits: Part 3 of this blog for a few close ups of this productive afternoon shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment