Saturday 20 October 2018

Grey Wagtail

I returned to Kennell Vale yesterday looking to learn more about its pair of Dippers displaying,  I had two visits from the Dipper which travel long distances up and down the river during the day but on both occasions their arrival clashed with local Dog walkers and the Dipper departed.

A bit frustrating perhaps but local people walk their dogs here every day and its my visits that are the exception so you have to go with the flow !   I often get asked what I am looking for as few people are even aware that Dippers frequent the area,   Horses for Courses !!

One of a pair of Grey Wagtails did its best to entertain me,  They tend to feed on the same river insect life as the Dipper  They do just about all that the Dipper do while wading around the margins with the exception of diving under the water but they are a little more tolerant of the local walkers














No comments:

Post a Comment