Thursday 30 August 2018

Buzzard -Inflight




I returned to the Ashton Buzzard fields yesterday hoping to introduce my buddy Peter Tonkin to the quality of show that the buzzards produced on the previous Saturday afternoon but it was not to be!

I guess that  'Nobody told the Buzzards'   We waited for best part of three hours without a sighting  and then one appeared in the distance heading towards their favoured power cable post and having watched many landings there on my previous visit I had time to set up for the landing sequence montage posted above.

Below are a couple of the portrait images used in the montage:





The bird seemed to take a while to settle on the power cable post but eventually dropped down to a lower level to perch on one of the horse grazing field fence posts and I thought this was going to be the start of the buzzards lob worm hunting displays.


Not so,  The bird took a long look around while calling and then took off presumable looking for greener pastures.

I was pleased with my take-off portraits and managed to put together the tight sequence montage posted below but I was a little disappointed that the birds didn't produce the quality performance of my previous visit for Peter to experience but as we all know: 

                                            'That's the way it goes with Wildlife Photography'




No comments:

Post a Comment