Thursday 16 August 2018

Millpool Life


I spend much of yesterday fishing at the Millpool but the fish were not biting to well so I set up my camera and whiled the time away admiring the flora and fauna.

The Millpool water lily are showing at their best with gorgeous large red and green veined pads,


A fit looking Red admiral was taking advantage sucking in the nectar from the last few Buddilea blooms



I was attracted to this Cross Orb Weaver Spider that was sat in on the back of its large dew covered web with the ends of each of its sensitive legs set to feel the whole of its web area as
'Like me it waited for a bite'.



Aptly named 'Beautiful Demoiselle' this lone metalic green-blue dragonfly was very skitty and only gave me one chance before it was off to find a quieter sun spot


I gave up on my fishing around mid afternoon and ambled along the lane towards home bagging some large juicy blackberries on the way,

As I went along I disturbed a colourful male Southern Hawker Dragonfly  on the brambles which fortunately resettled again close by to provide me with another 'first' for this year






And my last subject was this lovely Painted Lady Butterfly which seemed attracted to some fallen leaves to which it kept returning a little further along alone the lane.


Perhaps not the best of fishing days but I was happy just admiring Millpool life and went home looking forward to making another pot or two of Bramble Jelly !!.

No comments:

Post a Comment