Friday 3 August 2018

Fox's Midday Siesta





A  few days ago I came across this vixen resting up at one of her favourite clearings and the above incredible  'Yawn '  image was the highlight of that encounter,



At first I could see this vixen lying at her clearing from quite a distance but true to Fox form she had already seen me first but she held her ground and watched my slow progress towards her,




I stopped moving forwards and set myself up in a Buddliea bush for cover when I was around twenty five to thirty metres from the vixen and after five to ten minutes she started to relax and snooze but still managed to passed me the odd squinting glance,


It was at this stag that she started to yawn and she  was obviously finding my company quite boring !


This  'Yawn'  went on long enough for me to obtain several nice shots and ended up in the mammoth gape shown in the first image






With the vixen being so relaxed and plenty of images taken I decided to push things a little more by moving on to the next closer bush but it proved to be one step to far as our sleepy fox was not up for it and sloped off into close by undergrowth but with no harm done and she will be back out again as soon as I have departed,   End of Shoot !!

No comments:

Post a Comment