Saturday 25 August 2018

Roe Deer Kid revisited

With a fine weather forecast today I decided to make another early visit to the deer fields at longrock hoping to re-capture yesterdays doe Roe Deer and Kid in better light levels and  I was so pleased to come away with the image posted below.


But it did not come together in a straight forward manner :

The doe and her kid were already out feeding when I arrived in the dark at five thirty but it was to dark to take any images so I just tracked them around the field until after six o clock when I decided to set up my camera at an optimum shooting location.

Looking back across the field I could not find the deer that had done another of their disappearing acts on me again so I decided to wait to see if they might return.

The time ticked by until after seven am when my binoculars picked up a pair of ears moving in a hedgerow lit by first rays of the morning sunshine and then I saw a larger pair a few metres from the first.

So the deer had not left but simply hunkered down in the long grasses of a distant hedgerow and not for the first time I was now in the wrong location  to work with them.




I relocated to a better position in what was now a fine sunny morning and waited to take some images that were not just a pair of ears and finally at 7.45 the doe and then her kid both rose up to continue their day while affording me a bunch of images for fifteen minutes in far better conditions than yesterday.








The doe eventually lead her kid away back into the adjoining woodlands but not without leaving me with my first Roe Deer & Kid portrait of the year that is feature at the start of this blog.                                                                                   Happy Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment