Saturday 11 August 2018

Millpool yesterday





The peace and quite of the Millpool was a real joy yesterday and an excellent back-water away from the traffic and general tourist trails of west Cornwall

I spent my morning catching and releasing several fine Roach and Golden-Rudd a couple of which are posted below and I came close to catching a lovely wild Common Carp that has got my name on it but I won't bore you with the story of the one that got away !!




The above Common carp caught by a visiting angler last year is just one of several that can be seen cruising about at the Millpond and still avoiding my bait but the summer is not over yet so just watch this space !!

During the afternoon I spotted a male Common Hawker Dragonfly for the first time this summer,

It lead me a merry dance chasing it around the pond for well over a hour before it finally landed at a location where I could achieve some close portrait images,

 But you have to count your blessings as with cool air temperatures and no sun shining it was the only Dragonfly that I saw all day and I was pleased with some of the images taken below :







No comments:

Post a Comment