Friday 7 September 2018

Buck, Doe and Kid Roe Deer


I headed off early AM to work on our south coast Peregrine and dropped in to check out the Longrock Roe Deer on the way.

I was in luck with a Doe and her kid out grazing together and looking  relaxed in the middle of the field so I settled down in the hedgerow and snapped away quietly recording their movements.








All changed ten minutes later when a mature Buck Roe Deer suddenly appeared  out of the hedgerow quiet close to me and it had seen me before I had a chance to re-adjust my position so I switched from single to multi shutter exposure and took a few portrait shots before he took off.




H e started to trot away from me then broke into a powerful and graceful gallop achieving longer and longer strides as he crossed the field to the far hedgerow which he cleared without any hesitation.




I returned my attention to the Doe and her Kid but it was bad news as they to were now high-tailing it towards the distant hedgerow as well,  So within a minute I had gone from a nice quiet little shoot to end of sports for this visit




 What an amazing pace, stride and exit that Buck had displayed during our very brief encounter !!

No comments:

Post a Comment