Sunday 7 July 2019

Carn Le's Boel Point yesterday





 I spent a bright sunny windless day walking and watching the wildlife on the beautiful rugged south Cornish coast near Pendower Caves and on around Carn Le's Boel headland into Nanjizal bay.

Below is one of my first sightings  a fine if noisy pair of juvenile Raven that were enjoying the freedom of new experiences out of their nest.






Kestrel and Peregrine were not showing well but I did capture one close kestrel hover posted above



Small coastal rocks and islands provided a drying and resting resting area for dozens of Cormorant both young and old.


Off the point at Carn Le's Boel six young Grey Seals were playing tag with each other and a small group of three passing Kayaks which I will cover in my next blog.


As I made my way back to Porthgwarra from the stunning coastline of Nanjizal bay I was treated to a quick drop in to forage among rough grassland by a raucous and happy group of four Cornish Chough which stayed just long enough for a few portraits.


It is nice to see that due to the success of the Cornish Chough breeding programmes that the last couple of generations no longer require the fitting of four colour leg rings which tended to spoil their '  Wild Look  '

No comments:

Post a Comment